In a nutshell
We are building the best support team in the eCommerce industry and are looking for 2nd Line Support Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team. We offer support that is not a soulless ticket system where people dump problems and get silence in return. We want to transcend what people think support is and build a resilient powerhouse that makes Spryker better and our customers successful.
We experiment, we fail, we change and we succeed together. At the end of the day, we want the industry to look at us in awe and ask themselves how we are able to do what we do. So far, we have made tremendous progress, but we need more extraordinary people, so come join us!
- Take over cases escalated from our 1st Line Support and develop them until they are fully resolved
- Reproduce problems, identify bugs and extract issues that will help us improve Spryker
- Correctly prioritize issues so that our dedicated support developers can work most effectively on making Spryker even better
- Work in a central role that will require you to communicate with, and inform multiple internal and external stakeholders without losing sight of what’s important: providing sustainable customer value
- PHP or any Object Oriented Programming language (at least 1 year of practical experience)
- Able to talk about complex issues and find common ground with a variety of technical/non-technical people
- Experience with Linux, Docker, git, branching, gitflow
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Fluent English language skills (native or business level)
- You are willing to work UTC +8 (e.g. US) and UTC -8 (e.g. Australia) Time Zone
- E-Commerce experience with shop systems like Oxid, Magento, Hybris or similar is a plus
Bonus points for experience with:
- Backend: PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Twig, Composer, Git
- System: Docker, Vagrant
- SOLID-principles, Clean Code, Separation of Concerns
- Standard frameworks like Zend, Symfony, Laravel or others
- NewRelic/Blackfire/Tideways/any APM, Production monitoring
- CI/CD pipelines
- Configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible
5 reasons to join Spryker
- We integrate work into our lives, not the other way around: To be your most productive, creative, and amazing self, make use of our work from anywhere policy, benefit from flexible and unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours from 6 am to 10 pm. To support your health, in our newly designed offices, we offer fresh fruits, healthy cereals, and cool drinks. Benefit from our remote budget and monthly internet subsidiary and set up your own personalized mobile office.
- We challenge and grow: Our mission is to provide each Sprykee with a framework for holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as for personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and continuously develop your own skills further via self-learning tools and training. To invest in your future, we offer a company pension scheme and free language classes.
- We focus on our vision: Join an ambitious global journey, work and collaborate with masterminds and best in class colleagues while enjoying trust, flexibility, and full ownership to excel in an outcome-oriented environment. Go green with us, Spryker is a climate-neutral company and together with our employees, we support climate action projects. Grasp our vision even better during our regular all-hands and executive Q&A sessions.
- We celebrate our success: Knowledge sharing sessions, digital Yoga and work-out classes, thanksgiving dinners, “Glühwein” nights, regular “herd events” such as cocktail mixing workshops, BBQ, movie nights and many more allow you to get in touch and exchange with colleagues living the Spryker spirit and never stop learning.
- We live and breathe innovation: Constant innovation is not only essential to our product but the key to our DNA in all areas of business. Choose between the newest hardware versions e.g. Mac or Lenovo laptops and work on the latest business models and technologies. We strive for excellence in everything we do, so help us by providing feedback and suggestions via regular internal pulse surveys.
We are innovators, challengers and active problem-solvers. We are empathic lateral thinkers and team-players first. But above all, we are all different and that is what makes our Spryker herd unique!
It is these various approaches, ideas, cultures, passions and solutions that make us strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, globally. At Spryker, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status or disability status.
Our Spryker herd welcomes all.
Spryker solely collaborates with selected agencies where terms and conditions are in place and does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency sent resumes.
At Spryker, we are convinced that driven by true passion and by embracing the team, supporting each other, our herd can manage any change in an adaptable manner. We love finding innovative solutions, take massive ownership, challenge each other and challenge the status quo.
Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.