In a nutshell
As Spryker’s Data Engineer you believe in the power of data for superior decision-making. You will build data products whilst improving existing processes to enable us to steer the business through actionable insights and recommendations.
Are you excited to find answers to the questions of how Spryker can grow better and faster?
Then join us now and help us to revolutionize the world of commerce by bringing data-driven decision making to the next level!
- Build data-driven applications: data warehouses, data products
- Integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organization have easy access to data through various front-ends and interfaces.
- Work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with the Analytics team
- You work closely with data analysts/data scientist and IT engineers to implement new ELT pipelines and find new ways to leverage this data
- You develop and transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You are leading and participating in cross-functional projects that supporting data applications and reporting
- A genuine interest in data and algorithms and excitement about solving difficult problems
- Profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems
- Eagerness to delve into new technologies and programming languages
- Basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
- A master’s degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- 2+ years experience in a Data Engineer role
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with a variety of relational databases, particularly data warehouse engines like Redshift
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and ETLs
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Redshift, RDS, EC2, EMR
5 reasons to join Spryker
- We integrate work into our lives, not the other way around: To be your most productive, creative, and amazing self, make use of our work from anywhere policy, benefit from flexible and unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours from 6 am to 10 pm. To support your health, in our newly designed offices, we offer fresh fruits, healthy cereals, and cool drinks. Benefit from our remote budget and monthly internet subsidiary and set up your own personalized mobile office.
- We challenge and grow: Our mission is to provide each Sprykee with a framework for holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as for personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and continuously develop your own skills further via self-learning tools and training. To invest in your future, we offer a company pension scheme and free language classes.
- We focus on our vision: Join an ambitious global journey, work and collaborate with masterminds and best in class colleagues while enjoying trust, flexibility, and full ownership to excel in an outcome-oriented environment. Go green with us, Spryker is a climate-neutral company and together with our employees, we support climate action projects. Grasp our vision even better during our regular all-hands and executive Q&A sessions.
- We celebrate our success: Knowledge sharing sessions, digital Yoga and work-out classes, thanksgiving dinners, “Glühwein” nights, regular “herd events” such as cocktail mixing workshops, BBQ, movie nights and many more allow you to get in touch and exchange with colleagues living the Spryker spirit and never stop learning.
- We live and breathe innovation: Constant innovation is not only essential to our product but the key to our DNA in all areas of business. Choose between the newest hardware versions e.g. Mac or Lenovo laptops and work on the latest business models and technologies. We strive for excellence in everything we do, so help us by providing feedback and suggestions via regular internal pulse surveys.
We are innovators, challengers and active problem-solvers. We are empathic lateral thinkers and team-players first. But above all, we are all different and that is what makes our Spryker herd unique!
It is these various approaches, ideas, cultures, passions and solutions that make us strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, globally. At Spryker, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status or disability status.
Our Spryker herd welcomes all.
Spryker solely collaborates with selected agencies where terms and conditions are in place and does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency sent resumes.
At Spryker, we are convinced that driven by true passion and by embracing the team, supporting each other, our herd can manage any change in an adaptable manner. We love finding innovative solutions, take massive ownership, challenge each other and challenge the status quo.
Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.